MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer Review – A trend of using 3D printing is increasing day by day in every part of the world. A user can save its orienting designs more with a newly launched 3D printer i.e. MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer. With an excellent resolution, a user-friendly interface, adjustments availability, and camera observing, any person can effectively use this extremely stylish device. the MakerBot Replicator is an affordable, open-source 3D printer that is compact enough to sit on your desktop. As the company that pretty much founded the 3D printing movement, MakerBot is arguably the biggest name in 3D printing.
Following are some important specifications of this 3D printer:
- It has a print capacity of 6 x 8 x 10-inches size.
- Larger Build Volume is 28.5L X 15.3 W X 15.5 H CM [11.2 X 6.0 X 6.1 IN]
- It offers high-quality prints with 0.1 mm thickness of a sheet of paper.
- This user-regulated device is also compatible with diverse 3D printer speeds, high temperatures, and other significant printing adjustments.
- The MakerBot 3d printer is a big size 3D printer. With the size of 16.2 x 17.4 x 20.8 inches and a weight of 35 pounds 6 ounces, this printer is best to be kept back on a counter or work table.
- It has a stiff frame that is open on the front side, sides, and on top. This allows the user for fast access to the printing bed and stress-free watching of the prints in progress.
Key Features of MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer
Streamlined 3D Printing
- Wi-Fi, USB cable, USB stick, and also Ethernet connectivity ensures a seamless production workflow
- App and cloud-enabled for connecting to MakerBot Desktop, MakerBot Mobile, and also Thingiverse
- Onboard camera and diagnostics, as well as assisted build plate leveling
3.5″Full-Color LCD Display
- Onboard user interface and also intuitive dial create a rich user experience
- Access your object library and see previews of your 3D model files
- On-board utilities help you set up and also maintain your printer
- For print monitoring and easy sharing to MakerBot Thingiverse
- Accessible through MakerBot Desktop and MakerBot Mobile Apps
- Automatically takes reference pictures of final prints and saves them to your cloud storage library
100-Micron Layer Resolution
- Create professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes, and complex models
- Create realistic prototypes and models for demonstrations and also presentations
- Choose settings that range from fast draft to finer resolution
MakerBot PLA Filament
- The best and most consistent filament for the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer
- Made in the USA and tested in-house to ensure the highest quality standards
- Uniformly rounds to ensure that it will consistently flow through the extruder onto the build plate in smooth even layers
Benefits of MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer
Following are some benefits of MakerBot Replicator:
- Economical cartridges
The MakerBot 3D printer needs to be trademarked MakerBot filament containers or cartridges. These Makerbot cartridges are particularly manufactured to fit properly in the printer’s filament section. Every single cartridge is very reasonable as related to the universal cartridges. Thus, buying PLA directly from the maker is really cheaper than getting it from another retail place.
- Sleekest design and screen
The MakerBot-Replicator Desktop 3D Printer is one of the sleekest 3D printer designs of the Company. It weighs only 35 pounds and can be fit in any workplace. The cut-glass print platter is also transportable that makes the prints very easy to take out when the printing’s over. The LCD display screen is also one of the best because it helps the user in keeping the check over the filament, heat up an issue, and doing adjustment settings.
- Best for new or expert users
This 3D printer is impeccable for both types of users, i.e. either new or experienced one, because it offers several customizable choices. With this 3D printer, the user will get a filament container, USB cable gears as well as a flash drive. The maintenance tools kit needs to be purchased by the user themselves.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
The MakerBot-Replicator also supports the unchained Wi-Fi printing of the objects. A free app can also be downloaded from the internet on your smartphone or tablet to watch printing time, to see a camera recording, and more.
- Support service and Warranty
The manufacturers of this 3D printer offer surplus support choices. The user or the buyer can contact the support team members through electronic mail or phone. A 1 year warranty period is also provided to safeguard the MakerBot 3d printer from any kind of flaws.
Pros of MakerBot 3d printer
- It is one of the safest designs for an open-frame 3D printer.
- It has user-friendly software that is very easy to use by a new user.
- The user can do printing of objects through various modes like USB(Universal Serial Bus), Ethernet, Wi-Fi as well as from USB flash drives.
- This 3d printer is very easy to install and use. It does not take too much time before starting the printing process.
- The print quality of MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer is very good and is of high level.
Cons of MakerBot 3d printer
Besides the above pros, there are some cons of this 3D printer also:
- The main disadvantage of this printer is that this 3D printer cannot print taller objects.
- It is quite loud throughout the printing process.
- As compared to the cheaper filaments available in the market, its uses costly filament in cartridges.
- Makerbot 3d printer does not support for third-party filaments and also some print glitches.
|MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D printer||3.2/5|
Take time to read the user’s experience about the Marketbot 3d printer. This may help you in choosing/deciding to buy the products.
“Awesome prints. Once I figured out that I should turn supports on, things went a lot smoother.”
“Super nice looking and definitely a badass machine. I’m having a little problem with the print quality but I think it’s all about settings. Do NOT get a used or refurb.”
“Better than the 5th Generation, the flexible build plate works great, no more painter’s tape, I can print up to 2.5 times bigger.”
“This has been a very good printer so far. Although the price is a bit high, I’ve had two lower price printers and generally you get what you pay for. I really appreciate the ease of the software especially the ability to view your progress remotely. I suggest you consider getting one of these printers, you won’t regret it!”
The smart framework and other significant features make this 3D printer one of the finest designed 3D printers. The benefits like easy connectivity, a user-friendly interface and ample of support options make this 3D printer the best choice. Any 3D object from this printer will be of high-quality as well as simple to create. To ensure easy, accessible 3D printing, the MakerBot Replicator comes with the Smart Extruder and all the standard features of its predecessor.